Children's Literature in Primary Schools
How can you help children to develop a love of reading and books? Which books are the best ones to use in primary teaching?
How do you make the most of children's literature in teaching across the curriculum?
Trainee and experienced primary school teachers need an advanced knowledge of children's literature. This is your guide to the range of and scope of children's literature for the primary classroom. Through the exploration of different genres it covers a wide range of literature and helps you to consider what we mean by literature. Case studies that model good practice are included with suggestions for practical activities using literature to enhance teaching
What's new to this edition?
– updated in line with the new Primary National Curriculum
– includes new content on supporting children for whom English is an Additional Language
– an extensive list of book recommendations for primary teaching
– how to get more out of classic texts
– introduces new texts and new children's authors
| 256 pages
27 Sep 2016
Sage Publications Ltd
Learning Matters Ltd
Exeter, United Kingdom
2nd Revised edition