The Flavor Equation : The Science of Great Cooking Explained + More Than 100 Essential Recipes
"Deep and illuminating, fresh and highly informative… a most brilliant achievement." – Yotam Ottolenghi
"[A] beautiful and intelligent book." -J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, author The Food Lab and Chief Consultant for Serious Eats.com
Aroma, texture, sound, emotion-these are just a few of the elements that play into our perceptions of flavor.
The Flavor Equation demonstrates how to convert approachable spices, herbs, and commonplace pantry items into tasty, simple dishes.
In this groundbreaking book, Nik Sharma, scientist, food blogger, and author of the buzz-generating
* Provides inspiration and knowledge to both home cooks and seasoned chefs
* An in-depth exploration into the science of taste
* Features Nik Sharma's evocative, trademark photography style
The Flavor Equation is an accessible guide to elevating elemental ingredients to make delicious dishes that hit all the right notes, every time.
Recipes include Brightness: Lemon-Lime Mintade, Saltiness: Roasted Tomato and Tamarind Soup, Sweetness: Honey Turmeric Chicken Kebabs with Pineapple, Savoriness: Blistered Shishito Peppers with Bonito Flakes, and Richness: Coconut Milk Cake.
* A global, scientific approach to cooking from bestselling cookbook author Nik Sharma
* Dives deep into the most basic of our pantry items-salts, oils, sugars, vinegars, citrus, peppers, and more
* Perfect gift for home cooks who want to learn more beyond recipes, those interested in the science of food and flavor, and readers of Lucky Peach, Serious Eats, Indian-Ish, and Koreatown
* Add it to the shelf with cookbooks like The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt; The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg; and Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat.